Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh): Former chief minister Kamal Nath’s statement that the honey-trap pen drive is with him seems to have put him in a bind. The special investigating team (SIT) which is probing the honey-trap case has issued notice to Nath asking him to give the pen drive and a statement. The inspector of SIT and in-charge of the Kisanganj police station issued the notice to Nath.
To take the pen drive and to record Nath’s statement, the SIT team will reach his residence in Bhopal at 12:30 pm on June 2.
At a press conference, Nath said that he had the pen drive. He said that the police officers had shown him the pen drive and given it to him. Nath further said that, as he had been the chief minister, he was given the pen drive which should be the original one.
According to SIT, the pen drive or the CD is very important. The team wrote that the pen drive might bring some new aspects of the case to light. The SIT notice has kicked up a political storm.
Nath said he would reply to the notice. He said he would tell them whether he had the pen drive or not, as it was stated that many people had a copy of it. According to Nath, it is also said that the pen drive is lying at many places in the state. He also said that he had never done the politics of pen drive.
He said when the honey-trap case had been exposed he was the chief minister. So, it was natural that the police used to inform him about the case from time to time, he said.
The BJP’s state unit president, VD Sharma, said that Nath had violated the Constitution by interfering with evidence. He had concealed evidence in the honey-trap case, Sharma said, adding that the SIT had taken the case into consideration.
Nath is using the pen drive to save his friend, Umang Singhar, Sharma added. The BJP’s national general secretary, Kailash Vijayvargiya, said that the SIT was probing the case and all aspects of it should come to light.