IIT Roorkee recently released the preliminary poster for the JEE Advanced examination on their official website jeeadv.ac.in. According to the poster 2,24,000 candidates would be shortlisted on the basis of their JEE Main 2019 Rank to give the JEE Advanced 2019 exam. The application would begin in May first week after JEE Main 2019 Final result and rank is declared. Information about dates, eligibility, fees, etc. are listed below.
However, the candidates should note that the number of candidates to be shortlisted is not exact and change in the future. The cut off for the exam will be shared in the website after the ranks of JEE Main 2019 are declared. According to the National Testing Agency circular, the ranks of the JEE Main 2019 exams are expected to be announced around April 30, 2019.
To give JEE Advanced 2019 examination Indian citizens must qualify in 5 criteria
- According to the poster, candidates born on or after October 1, 1994 are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2019 exam.
- Candidates who have given JEE Advanced exam before are not eligible to give this exam
- Only the candidates who are appearing in their board exam this year and last year can apply for the examination
- If a student was offered admission in IIT but did not accept the seat, he or she is eligible to apply. Student who accepted the seat and later dropped out are not eligible
- Students should be placed among the top 2,24,000 candidates in JEE Main 2019 examination.