Kajal Aggarwal who was born on 19 June 1985 is an Indian actress and model. She has established a career in Telugu, Tamil and Hindi films and has been nominated for four Filmfare Awards South.
Aggarwal made her acting debut with the 2004 Hindi film 'Kyun! Ho Gaya Na...' and had her first Telugu film release was in 2007 'Lakshmi Kalyanam'. In the same year, she starred in the box office hit 'Chandamama' which earned her recognition. The 2009 historical fiction Telugu film' Magadheera' marked a turning point in her career, earning her critical acclaim.
In 2020, a wax figure of Aggarwal was put on display at Madame Tussauds, Singapore making it the first for an actress from South Indian Cinema.
Here are some of Aggarwal's best movies:
1. Magadheera: This movie ranks among the highest-grossing Telugu films of all time and fetched her Best Actress nominations at several award ceremonies including Filmfare. In this film, a warrior gets reincarnated 400 years later, after trying to save the princess and the kingdom, who also dies along with him. He then sets back again to fight against all odds and win back his love.
2. Thuppakki: In this movie, an Army captain is on a mission to track down and destroy a terrorist gang and deactivate the sleeper cells under its command.
3. Darling: In this movie, to save himself from an unwanted marriage to a gangster's daughter, a man tells the story of reuniting with his childhood sweetheart in Switzerland.
4. Special 26: The story revolves around a gang of conmen who rob prominent businessmen and politicians by posing as CBI and income tax officers.
5. Temper: This movie revolves around Daya, a corrupt police officer who finds his life changing when he takes on a case of gangrape.
6. Singham: In this movie, a truly honest police officer is transferred to a town controlled by a gangster. The gangster believes he can use power to bring down this officer.Kajal Aggarwal Birthday Special: Sweetest moments with hubby Gautam Kitchlu
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)