Advertisement

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah's Goli and 3 others test positive for COVID-19, under quarantine

04:28 PM Apr 16, 2021 | FPJ Web Desk

As many as 4 members of popular sitcom 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah' have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, including actor Kush Shah who plays the role of Goli.

Producer Asit Kumarr Modi, in an interview, revealed that they had conducted RT-PCR/Antigen tests on the entire crew as per the 'Break the Chain' guidelines and instructions of the Indian Films & TV Producers Council (IFTPC).

Advertisement
Advertisement

"According to those (new) guidelines we had to take everyone’s RT-PCR tests on the set. So, we got everyone tested and four people tested Covid-positive. But we had already home-quarantined them as they were showing some symptoms while being tested," Modi told Aaj tak.

Advertisement

"We got everyone tested on Friday, April 9. We have been taking precautions during the shoot. If anyone was a little sick, we would ask them not to come to the shoot. Kush Shah, who plays Goli on the show and some production people, are positive. There is no one positive in the main cast. All those who are positive are also home quarantine and everyone else is safe," he added.

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: This is how much Dilip Joshi, Munmun Dutta and other actors charge per episode

The creator also said that they have banked episodes for a week and will decide the future course of the shoot after having a discussion with the channel and actors.

"We have not thought or planned of going out for shooting yet. But later we have to think about what to do because the artistes and the production team should also agree as everyone’s safety is of utmost importance. The option of going out to shoot is good but that too has to be decided thoughtfully because the workers who are on daily wages will suffer a lot. We currently have banked episodes for a week and then let’s see what we’ll decide," he said.

'Haven’t had any clash': Shailesh Lodha of 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah' quashes rift rumours with co-star Dilip Joshi

For the unversed, Maharashtra government on Tuesday announced that films, TV serials and advertisement shoots will be halted in the state as part of the fresh guidelines to curb the coronavirus cases.

Under the 'Break The Chain' order announced by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, the guidelines will be implemented throughout the state from 8 PM on Wednesday to 7 AM on May 1.

The current order has put a stop to shootings that were underway with precautions like mandatory frequent testing and avoiding scenes with large crowds.

Maharashtra lockdown: B'Town faces 15-20% loss, small film shoots may move out of the state

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

(To view our epaper please Read Now. For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Advertisement