Indore: With the severity of the second wave of corona pandemic coming down in the city, the district administration once again took up the contentious work of settlement of land dispute cases of Mahalaxmi Nagar on Tuesday.
The administration had launched the anti-land mafia drive in February this year, just before the onset of the corona second wave, which upset all calculations. Naturally, the momentum of the drive too went down. During February and March, land dispute cases of Mahalaxmi Nagar, Ayodhyapuri and Pushpa Kunj, and Raj Grihi Colony had been taken up by the district administration. At that time, the disputed cases of sector A of Mahalaxmi Nagar were resolved and possession of the land was given to the eligible owners.
With the drive resuming on Tuesday, SDM Anshul Khare went to Sector B of Mahalaxmi Nagar and interacted with the victims and members of the Plot Owner Struggle Committee. Around 50 genuine plot holders and Rajesh Udawat, representative of MLA Mahendra Hardia, were also present. SDM Khare interacted with the plot victims and tried to know their problem.
Broadly the problem is that despite making full payments they did not get possession of their plot because two or more registries had been made for each plot by the coloniser. Later SDM Khare informed that under the anti-land-mafia drive the possession of the plots has given to the victims in Sector A of Mahalaxmi Nagar.
But still, the issue of sector B and C is still pending. The genuine plot holders told the SDM about the history of the dispute and how they had been duped by the coloniser.Rajesh Udawat, said that drive came to a standstill due to the surge in corona cases.
Meanwhile, the victims had met MLA Hardia and the latter had asked the collector and ADM to resume the drive-in Mahalaxmi Nagar. In this connection, the SDM came to listen and understand the problem. Now, the documents will be taken from eligible plot owners and attempts would be made to give them plots with the help of the ddistrict administration.