Your life can be divided into eight distinct areas:
1) Business and Career:
2) Family and Personal Life: Don’t carry office to home and vice versa; keep them separate and distinct.
3) Money and Investments: Achieve financial independence, earn more and balance your budget so you have savings.
4) Health and Fitness: A balanced exercise and controlled diet can keep you fit and healthy. The secret is to curb temptations and impose limitations.
5) Personal Growth and Development: Maximize inherent skills and acquire new skills. Books, tapes and company of the learned can mould you better.
6) Social and Community Activities: Would you like to make the world better or would you like only to take from the world and not give back anything? When you give back something you can say that it is yours. Till then you were only a custodian, keeping it with you all the time, never using it. Make the world a better place to live and leave some proof that you lived here and not existed. If you did not leave behind a legacy you never have lived in this world because there is no proof to that effect.
7) Spiritual Development an Inner Peace: If you don’t organize your inner life and control your thinking, you can never realize your potential as a human being. You can’t go back to the creator and say: “I am sorry; I could not use my potential.”
A talent or skill not used will atrophy. Every human being has some value cultivated and that value, if strong, transforms into a virtue and if weak, into a vice. Spiritual development is based on building of virtues and when you are spiritually evolved, you gain inner peace and serenity. Perhaps, that is the purpose of life.
8) Enjoyment: Enjoy life because that is the main purpose and focus of living. Give a grade on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest in the areas mentioned above. You will find that most of your stress and unhappiness come in the area where you give yourself the lowest points. Once you identify that area, you can take specific steps to improve it and get the maximum return. Once you do that you can enjoy life and accomplish much more to your own surprise!