Advertisement

Thane: Woman electrocuted after coming in contact with live wire

02:07 PM Oct 07, 2021 | PTI

A 32-year-old married woman was electrocuted while putting clothes for drying at her parent's house in Maharashtra's Thane district, an official said on Thursday.

The incident took place on Wednesday when the woman accidentally came in contact with a live wire lying in the backyard of the house in Shahapur area, the official from the district disaster control room said.

Advertisement
Advertisement

She was rushed to a local hospital where doctors declared her brought dead, the official said, adding that the body was sent for postmortem.

Advertisement

The woman had come to her parent's house for a ritual during the 'Pitra Paksha' (mourning period when Hindus pay homage to their ancestors).

A case of accidental death was registered, an official at Shahapur police station said.

Also Read: COVID-19: Thane logs 239 new cases, 3 deaths

(To view our epaper please Read Now. For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Advertisement