Complete Solutions Built Around Citrix XenDesktop HDX 3D Technology with Ecosystem of Partners
India, October 22, 2012 – Today at Citrix Synergy™, the place where mobile workstyles and cloud services meet, Citrix announced a new collaboration with partners that will deliver Design Engineer Virtual Workstation solutions to meet the growing demand for secure anytime, anywhere access to 3D design applications. These solutions will leverage the market-leading Citrix XenDesktop® and Citrix XenApp® with Citrix HDX 3D technology to optimize and deliver graphics-intensive applications to any location over any network conditions.
In an increasingly global economy, companies are looking to improve time-to-market by collaborating and managing design lifecycles with remote and mobile employees and contractors, regardless of where they are located, while maintaining secure control over intellectual property. Desktop virtualization allows these companies to address these dual goals. For a design engineer virtual workstation solution to be successful, high performance and rich image quality over any network condition is crucial. Citrix addresses these needs with a full range of solutions to deliver both high-end 3D graphics and lighter 3D and 2D apps, while optimizing costs.
- High Performance for 3D Graphics – Citrix desktop virtualization solutions provide three options for the acceleration of 3D graphics ranging from hardware acceleration through sharing of GPU resources with XenApp to the high-performance option of dedicated GPU usage with XenDesktop. In addition, XenDesktop with the HDX 3D Pro add-on provides advancements in deep compression to improve network bandwidth utilization.
- New Reference Architectures to Accelerate Deployments – Design Engineer Virtual Workstation solutions will include reference architectures and certifications to accelerate planning and implementation, eliminating guesswork when delivering high-end 3D graphics apps to professional designers and engineers in virtual desktop/application environments.
- Broad Citrix Ready Partner Ecosystem – In support of this initiative, Citrix is engaging an ecosystem of partners to collaborate in a new Citrix Ready verification program for HDX 3D. This includes system vendors, graphics card hardware providers, professional graphics software, systems and graphics card hardware providers and systems integrators. These partners will collaborate with Citrix to deliver reference designs and best practice guidelines that accelerate planning and implementation to deliver predictable performance. (See list of partners and links below).
Krishna Subramanian, Vice President of Marketing and Partner Engagement, Citrix
“There are many business drivers impacting the trend for organizations to virtualize high-end professional 3D graphics applications, including the need to leverage a global talent base while securing product design IP. Citrix customer, Toyota Boshoku has already demonstrated success leveraging Citrix desktop virtualization solutions with HDX 3D. Our leadership position in delivering 3D graphics apps combined with a broad partner ecosystem will enable many more customers in this segment.”
Building a Citrix Ready HDX 3D Ecosystem
Citrix will build a new Citrix Ready HDX 3D verified program that is centered on the four critical ecosystem components that are required to enable this solution: the independent software vendor (ISV), the device vendor, the system vendor and the cloud operator. Each ecosystem component will have a unique testing criteria, and upon completing and passing of the specific set of tests, the partner’s product will be verified as Citrix Ready HDX 3D. Customers will benefit from a simpler decision making process and reduced risk because Citrix Ready verified products will be proven to work within their custom Design Engineer Virtual Workstation solution. The following partners have expressed intent to be a part of this new Citrix Ready HDX 3D program: Cisco, Dell, DevonIT, Fujitsu, HP, Intergraph, Lenovo and NVIDIA.
The Design Engineer Virtual Workstation solution is based on Citrix XenDesktop. HDX 3D Pro is a feature of XenDesktop Enterprise and Platinum editions and supports high-end 3D professional graphics applications.
- Citrix expert blog: Citrix joins forces with partners to address the growing designer opportunity
- Citrix expert blog: Virtualizing the design engineer workstation is achievable today!
- Announcement: Citrix Accelerates “Path to the Cloud” at Citrix Synergy Barcelona
- Citrix Synergy Barcelona newsroom
Follow Us Online
- Citrix HDX 3D page
- Twitter: @Citrix
- Citrix on Facebook
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix®, XenDesktop®, XenApp® and Citrix Ready® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.