Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) defeated Punjab Kings (PBKS) in an IPL match at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Monday.
Chasing a modest 124-run target against Punjab Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders suffered initial blows. They were in trouble at 17 for 3 before Rahul Tripathi (41 off 32 balls) and skipper Eoin Morgan (47 not out off 40 balls) put them on course with a 66-run fourth-wicket stand. They chased down the total in 16.4 overs.
For the Punjab Kings, opener Mayank Agarwal top-scored with a painstaking 31 off 34 balls but Chris Jordan's 30 off 18 balls took them past 120-run mark. KKR's Prasidh Krishna came up with his best figures of 3 for 30 while Pat Cummins and Sunil Narine chipped in with a couple of wickets each.
Check out the points table after this clash:
1. Chennai Super Kings - 8 points (played 5, won 4)
2. Royal Challengers Bangalore - 8 points ( played 5, won 4)
3. Delhi Capitals - 6 points (played 4, won 3)
4. Mumbai Indians - 4 points (played 5, won 2)
5. Kolkata Knight Riders - 4 points (played 6, won 2)
6. Punjab Kings - 4 points (played 6, won 2)
7. Rajasthan Royals - 4 points (played 5, won 2)
8. Sunrisers Hyderabad - 2 points (played 4, won 1)
(With PTI inputs)
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)