Advertisement

Watch: Teen accidentally sparks fire as his deodorant hits candle and explodes; miraculously escapes with minor burns

12:36 PM Oct 14, 2021 | FPJ Web Desk

On Wednesday, a kid was found accidentally starting a massive fire in a London tower block after his deodorant spray allegedly collided with a candle nearby after which it exploded. To put out the fire, up to 70 firefighters were dispatched on the scene.

Atrin Behazadi, 13, was applying deodorant in his room when the spray landed on a tea light candle and exploded. In the explosion that destroyed his family's house in Battersea Tower, the kid received burns to his arms and stomach. With burns on his stomach and arms, Atrin was transported to the hospital, while several other inhabitants of the tower block were evacuated.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Sarah, Atrin's mother and a dental technician, lived in the house. "My apartment was the one that caught fire. The door was torn off its hinges and both windows exploded. It was shattered in half "The dailymail.co.uk cited her as saying.

Advertisement

It was a call from his 15-year-old sister Atis that brought the fire department to the scene in time to assist in putting out the blaze.

Watch the video here:

Also Read: Mumbai: Fire breaks out at residential society in Kurla, 20 motorcycles gutted; see pics

(To view our epaper please Read Now. For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Advertisement