Advertisement

Donald Trump, the new face of Rushmore?

12:04 AM Aug 11, 2020 | Agencies

US President Donald Trump has denied reports that the White House had contacted South Dakota's Republican Governor Kristi Noem about adding his face to the iconic Mount Rushmore, it was reported.

Taking to Twitter on Sunday, Trump called the reports "fake news," though he added that it "sounds like a good idea to me", The Hill news website reported.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The President was referring to a report by The New York Times that said a White House aide had contacted Noem's office last year to ask about the process for adding new Presidents to Mount Rushmore.

Advertisement

The report was carried by other news outlets, including CNN.

In his tweet, Trump said: "This is Fake News by the failing @nytimes & bad ratings @CNN. Never suggested it although, based on all of the many things accomplished during the first 3 1/2 years, perhaps more than any other Presidency, sounds like a good idea to me."

(To view our epaper please Read Now. For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Advertisement